Cosmetic Dentistry can be described as the branch of dentistry that helps enhance a patient’s smile and self-image. It’s very vital to have a beautiful smile and strong teeth both for aesthetic reasons as well as for overall general health.
A smile is the most beautiful thing anybody can display. Unluckily, many people find it embarrassing to smile due to the poor condition of their teeth. Some people who suffer from discolored or crooked teeth may hide their smiles from the world. As a result, it could affect their self-esteem and other people’s first impressions of them.
What are some common kinds of Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry can help fix almost any aesthetic defect in an individual’s smile. One of the most important benefits of cosmetic dentistry is its versatility. Various procedures can be employed to conceal or correct teeth that are stained, disproportionately small, cracked, chipped, gapped, or misshapen.
- Dental Veneers:They are delicately thin, custom-made shells of tooth-colored porcelain or resin that conceal the front surface of your original teeth. In order to secure this, your dentist will first remove approximately a half-millimetre of enamel from your tooth surface. Next, the thin shells are bonded to the teeth’ front surface, and they can alter the color, shape, size, or length of your teeth.
- Invisalign: It offers a less-detectable way to get straighter teeth. Invisalign could be your alternative. Invisalign can help provide you with the straight teeth you have always wanted through a series of clear, virtually invisible custom-molded aligners. The treatment course includes changing the aligners once every fortnight. In Invisalign, you can remove the aligners while you carry out the functions of your mouth.
- Teeth Whitening:This is the solution if you are looking to turn your teeth bright white. The teeth Whitening method gives the patient bright-white smiles in a matter of minutes. It is a scientifically innovative procedure that uses the most advanced technology. The teeth whitening process lightens discoloration of enamel and dentin. The complete process can be accomplished in less than an hour.
- Dental implants: Some patients are scared to smile because they have one or more missing teeth. Dental implants help in providing a permanent solution to this problem by replacing the missing teeth. The dentist starts by surgically inserting a titanium screw into the patient’s jaw, which supports a dental crown. One chief benefit of dental implants is that they cannot be distinguished from natural teeth.
- Dental veneers:They are fabricated from medical-grade ceramic and resemble the patient’s natural teeth. They look natural and realistic, and dentists suggest them for patients with crooked teeth, damaged enamel, and visible gaps between teeth. If the discoloration is so severe that even teeth whitening cannot restore them to their natural look, the dentist may also recommend dental veneers. The dentist uses a dental adhesive to apply the dental veneer to the front of the patient’s tooth.
- Composite bonding:Bonding or composite bonding is a low-cost cosmetic dentistry procedure that helps cover damage of discolored, chipped, cracked, or decayed teeth and gives the appearance of healthy teeth. In this procedure, the dentist removes all the decay from the damaged tooth and applies a composite onto the surface. The dentist then sculpts the tooth into the right shape and cures it with a high-intensity light.
Call us at Myers or schedule an online appointment to know more about Cosmetic Dentistry